DHOH: Who is Eligible for Services DHOH DHOH: Who is Eligible for Services

Who is Eligible for Services


The department serves deaf and hard of hearing persons regardless of hearing loss. Individuals, families, parents organizations, community groups, and schools will find a wealth of information about the deafness. If your organization needs speakers or interpreters, your requests are welcome.

Who can receive counseling services?

      Connecticut residents who are deaf or hard of hearing and their family members, including foreign born non-ASL users.



Counselors communicate in American Sign Language, Signed English, and Spoken English.  Accommodations will be made for individuals requiring communication in other languages upon request.

Content Last Modified on 7/14/2016 1:14:50 PM